Quick Questions V4

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:37 am

No worries has been sorted now, should be able to log in
Every now and then a new team gets stuck
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:46 am

I will only answer the part I have actively done myself
I think having some seniors to win a few SOD games helps your overall finances long term but doing what you are doing with youths will work until they turn 21. Only start to upgrade senior academy very late in the season before they turn 21.
Also make sure you have the money to maintain them both at the best level you can. Superior/Superior is the goal there.
As for the HG stuff best leave that to people who have done it for a while to answer you

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:37 pm

2005ashes wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:34 am
Hi, i joined at the end of last season and opened my affiliate at the start of this season.

All i've really done is recruit youth (On my main team i bought a few youths but my affiliate i'm trying to remain homegrown) i've been upgrading my youth academies whenever i get the cash to do so, the current levels are luxurious and lavish while both senior academies are non-existent however after some reading on here it seems like youth only 'farm teams' are frowned upon so i do plan to compete at senior level just not until my first batch of youths are 21.
If you want to win things then go for the farm option, if not the dual option is fine.
2005ashes wrote:
My questions are about academies if trying to compete now in youths aswell as the future and also seniors. I've just assumed it would be best to neglect the seniors for my first 5 seasons until this years 16yo youth pulls turn 21.
I agree with Crowie on this , only start to upgrade senior academy very late in the season before they start to turn 21.
2005ashes wrote:
If trying to compete at youth and senior levels especially if playing with homegrown players what are the optimal / minimum academy levels?
Is lux/lavish/deluxe overkill? Or will good/excellent suffice?
` Superior/Superior is the ideal acaedmies you want for the HG route, higher if you can of course but I can't really see this being possible for too long.
2005ashes wrote:
Is deluxe sustainable at both youth and senior levels or will i have to neglect the youth academy once i start upgrading the senior one?
Thanks in advance. 8)
I would say this is impossible long term, I'm no expert but looking at the figures Crowie posted I would say not possible. If you are looking to go both routes then you will need to balance the academies as the senior gets upgraded,of course this all depends on cash flow.
Last edited by wolfberries on Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:44 pm

I run deluxe/deluxe but have young relatively cheap seniors
I will probably make a profit this season once I sell the seniors I don't need after they turn 21.
Soon enough I will need to sacrifice 1 one of them or accept that I will lose money for a while

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:31 am

2005ashes wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:36 am

Last question - When it comes to selling players that i won't be using in the future would it be best to sell them as 19/r 20 year old youths to other youth teams competing or to wait until 21 and sell them as seniors?
If the players aren't good enough to promote to seniors then I would be looking to sell them as youths. I normally sell as soon as I don't need them. So if they are needed for the league then I sell right at the end of the season, or if you can replace with a future senior then that's when they get sold.

Remember going HG isn't always about the right now, got to plan for the seniors as well as youths when dealing with the youngsters.

casperj

Post by casperj » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:34 am

2005ashes wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:36 am
Last question - When it comes to selling players that i won't be using in the future would it be best to sell them as 19/r 20 year old youths to other youth teams competing or to wait until 21 and sell them as seniors?
If they're really good players then wait to the EOS when they turn 21 (suppose with the proposed changes this will now be the first EOS after they turn 21) and sell them then - teams have more money at the start of the new season with prize money etc, so selling prices tend to be higher.

If they are mediocre playeres then sell them whenever they are no longer useful for the youth squad. You would be saving on wages by getting rid of them quicker rather than waiting for the EOD (where loads of mediocre players come on the market, so you might not get much of a price). Sometimes there's a decent market near the end of the season for decent 20 year olds as teams want to bolster their youth sqaud to gain youth promotion/avoid youth relegation

casperj

Post by casperj » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pm

phkm wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:14 pm

1) How do the skills translate to ratings for players ? Last I remember, it was something like atrocious - 0, dreadful - 1000, poor - 2000 and so on and when I combine these for all the skills my player has, that should be equivalent to his rating number more or less..is that still the case ?

Yes, its 1000 for each skill level, so if you sum up those values for each skill, you can calculate how much rating the player has 'spare' over his shown skills.

2) How do teams go about being youth centric only or youth farms ? I am interested to know the approach. The way I see it senior matches still seem to play quite a huge role in supporters mood, attendance and the amount of revenue contributing from gate receipts and sponsorship. How are teams able to sustain by completely ignoring senior squads and yet still have money to maintain superior/lavish/deluxe youth academies and wages for youth squads and sustain in the long run ?

Not entirely sure, I think they buy old players continually that are good enough to keep the senior team at a decent level without any senior academy investment, thus some money coming in through fan mood etc. I understand however that more changes are on the way to discourage 'youth farms' (and also teams that solely concentrate on seniors) so you might want to hold off deciding your strategy regarding academies until what those changes are become clear.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:55 pm

No it doesn't