Find a Mentor

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Re: Find a Mentor

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:17 pm

Welcome back
It was terribly sad when we got the news about Ash, he was a genuinely good guy
I was lucky enough to take over after his passing and keep his dream alive
Someone will be along shortly to offer their help, I would if I could but have enough on my plate currently
Hope you enjoy it and maybe wrangle a few of your mates to play
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

montyh

Post by montyh » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:16 am

tabligh786 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:48 pm
Hi,

Last time I played this game while a college student in 2008. Few of us signed up together, but none survived due to FM. Time was limited, had to chose either FM or FTP, so FM won. Recently read about the death of FTP-Ash, felt very sad. Really liked him, thought he was a genius who could surely have helped me go through math in college :) His memory brought me back again, to give it a 2nd try. Found FTP really hard last time around. Thinking of going youth this time from what I read so far. But a mentor will really help, otherwise may not last here for too long again :?
Hi tabligh786, I've sent you a message

montyh

Post by montyh » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Hi Jon, hope all is good up north

Atrocious: 500
Dreadful: 1000
Poor: 2000
Ordinary: 3000
Etc.

The skill labels largely work in increments of 1,000 (apart from atrocious). Every week the skills you're training will increase by a certain amount, determined by what you are training, the age of the player, any Gifted talents (or Prodigy) and the quality of the relevant academy (senior or youth depending on the player).

Once they've accrued enough rating points the skill will 'pop' to the next level.

Generally managers begin to get a feel for how many weeks a certain type of training will take over time. For instance, in my Lavish youth academy it usually takes around 5-weeks for a fielding pop when training fielding.

In terms of the skill level you should be looking at, depends what you're looking to achieve. Generally, people want to win matches - so assembling a squad as good / superior to your opponents (if possible) is a good start, as long as the wages are sustainable for your finances.

Looking at your Senior One Day League - doesn't appear to be too much competition. So if you can get together a balanced squad and use them well, should be a successful season. You even have time to develop players which aren't the finished article.

My advice would be a player at accomplished/expert level would be very handy for you.

Hope that helps,
Montyh

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:29 pm

Mrcricketer wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:55 am
I am looking to mentor someone & I am myself also looking for mentor
If you need mentoring, you probably shouldn't be mentoring others.

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Mrcricketer wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:54 am
TopManager wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:29 pm
Mrcricketer wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:55 am
I am looking to mentor someone & I am myself also looking for mentor
If you need mentoring, you probably shouldn't be mentoring others.
Need mentoring about youth team .

Can you help me with and a mentor
Unfortunately, I'm busy enough dealing with NATS. I'm sure a manager will send you an IGM surrounding your youth team.